Intermountain Water led the water treatment industry in the early 1980’s with the development of “Resin Protector”, a highly effective powder-based cleaner that was able to clean water softeners and reduce precipitate buildup in dual-bed systems.
Sanitizing Solutions was developed as a prototype in the late 1990s, due to an increasing demand and clear need for a sophisticated system cleaner that would clean the resin media and reduce mechanical wear on the appliance.
During the prototype period, the national service division fielded a number of cleaners that worked admirably, such as “Res-Up” and “Pro-Res-Care”, however it was clear that something more sophisticated was needed.
In 1999, in cooperation with friends at High Technology, the development of Sanitizing Solutions was finalized as a systemic cleaner with the following design considerations:
- Clean ion-exchange resin without damaging structured matrix
- Leave a protective coating on metallic moving parts
- Clean and lubricate all moving components
- Create an unhealthy environment for bacteria in the system
- Activate Sanitizing Solutions technology on compatible systems
- Catalytically activate self-sanitization on compatible systems
Often imitated, yet never duplicated – Sanitizing Solutions is designed to work with any softener or conditioner as an extremely effective cleaning agent